SYMPTOM OF THE UNIVERSE

existential dread, subjective media and news reviews and opinionated but not necessarily well-informed commentary.

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Epiphanies

or to quote Louie

Defb ([Deff-Buuh] v. One's sudden awareness to greenery. Origin: Louie at Planting Fields.)


I like the Who more then Led Zeppelin. I love Zeppelin, they just stole so much and didn't credit anyone but themselves. That and Jimmy Page's over indulgence with the Theremin did not help, that and Keith Moon was such a force behind the Who but they didn't quit when he detonated in a Vodka and Quaalude induced supernova.

Road rage is not bringing me much needed mirth. I'm going to write a collection of my very involved revenge vignettes, all of which will take place in the basket of a hot air balloon three feet off the ground.

I don't want New York City telling me what to eat; next it will be how to style my hair and where to buy my Prada sandals. I'm not buying it, sorry. I need my chicken fried in steak fat with a side of smoked wiz-spread.

David Cross is an unfunny asshole and anyone who likes him is a sycophantic asshole by proxy. There is no recourse to allow change to this.

I'm right wing, but I would rather listen to Chomsky and smash Limbaugh in the head with the face of David Cross fired from a jet turbine. I think I'm an ultra violent right wing liberal pacifist.

Frank Zappa is a musical genius, and I'm just figuring this out now. We both agree the greatest rock and roll song of all time is Black Sabbath's "Supernaut" which is akin to jumping up and down on a mountain of dynamite with Gene Simmons boots covered in Ronsonol lighter fluid. I thought he was jokey, hes not, which is odd because I was in a jokey band for 10 years called Meat Language.

Listening to Parliament Funkadelic's "Erotic City" should not be done in the office, it's a great song, but it's just not an effectual setting.

Sam Cooke! Damn! You know what I'm talking about!

1 Comments:

  • At 1:36 PM, Blogger eHip said…

    I, personally, have no problem with copious amounts of Theremin. As far as I'm concerned, there's just not enough in the world right now.

    Make Theremins, not war.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home