SYMPTOM OF THE UNIVERSE

existential dread, subjective media and news reviews and opinionated but not necessarily well-informed commentary.

Friday, May 20, 2005

What better way to meet the weekend than with poetry?
I offer a haiku of my own as a segue to some offerings by some clearly inspired people:

Wind down from the week
Reflect on what's important
Toaster poetry

Kitchen appliance
Quickly heeds my anxious prayers
Toast pressed to my cheek

Consume nirvana
God is not to be eaten
But toast will suffice

Angry toastless man
Malfunctioning appliance
Senseless killing spree

Head hung in despair
Morning offering rises
I thank my toaster

Proudly I preside
Nineteen toasters hum in sync
A kitchen aflame

Bakery arson
Twelve thousand slices of toast
A silver lining

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home